Friday, January 15, 2010

Please, please ... no more Brett Favre

Can't wait for Round 2 of NFL playoffs this weekend, particularly Dallas vs. Minny.
Hey, I love it when old guys extend their careers in any sport now that I'm, well, older, but I've had it up to here (hand above head) with Brett Favre. Sure, the guy is great but enough already. If I have to hear one more NFL commentator tell me "how much fun" Brett is having out there, I think I'm gonna hurl. Why shouldn't he be having fun? He's making a ridiculously huge amount of money to play his favourite sport?
Dallas has Tony Romo at QB and anybody who gives Jessica Simpson the boot is either really stupid or really smart. I just haven't figured out which yet.
Vikes seem to have strayed from their ground game, probably because Favre favours throwing the ball more than handing it off to Adrian Peterson and that makes no sense in January.
Cowboys to win.
I also like New Orleans, simply as a sentimental favourite (wasn't watching Cards over Green Bay last week just like watching a CFL game? Beauty.) and would love to see Baltimore knock off Indy, although with Peyton Manning at the helm I think Colts will pull it off. They'd better too, after that debacle in the second to last week of the regular season when they sat their regulars against the Jets.
Shame, shame, shame.
I'll also take San Diego over a spunky Jets squad. Chargers are the hottest team in football and should win the Super Bowl this year.
Remember. I said, "should."
And remember, last week I was 1-and-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment