Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Slim, but ...

Yeah, I know. I pretty much wrote-off the Belleville Bulls in my previous Bulls blog, suggesting the final regular season date -- March 13 at Niagara -- will be the last game of the season, period.
In other words, no playoffs.
Bulls began the week eight points out of the playoffs and on a six-game losing streak with a dozen games left including doubles with Barrie (loss, loss) and Missy (loss, loss).
Still, optimism reigns. At least for a while.
The good news is Oshawa and Sudbury, both eight points ahead of Belleville, have lost eight and five in a row, respectively.
In other words, if those two teams continue to spin out of control in their current losing streaks and Bulls can manage to stop theirs and put a few wins together, well, maybe, just maybe, the playoffs can be attained after all.
Remember. Back in September, I said Bulls would make the playoffs on the last day of the regular season.
It could still happen.
I'll take them over Kingston tonight at home, and that might be enough to kick-start a last-ditch drive for eighth place.
Go Bulls Go.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not so sure that there is value in making the playoffs on the last day, only to be destroyed by the #1 seed. Is there?

    I think I'd prefer a higher draft pick.

    ReplyDelete